Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rusty


Rusty, originally uploaded by esmereldes.

Rusty is just a description of the picture, not necessarily the name of this pinky. I think Tamae is always Tamae. XD

This was taken in my office parking lot. The used car lot next door has this shed/building that's this insanely vivid red and I have always wanted to take a photo there, even tho the prospect of getting caught by co-workers doing so is a bit daunting... I successfully managed to avoid that fate this time tho. *phew!*

These were also taken possibly for a gallery show my friend asked me if I'd want to take part in. The theme is supposed to be "Fire", but she said that would also include rust. I am not really an 'artist' (esp. not with photos!!!), and I am *really* bad about describing how something fits in with a theme. It's kind of entertaining to listen to my friend describe my photos thusly. Anyhow, even tho the prospect is somewhat squirm-inducing, I think it would be fun to participate, so I do want to print up some photos to give her. The show is in January, but I would like to have something to give her before... December. Soon would be nice.

I've been experimenting with photo printing. I'm one of those people that got a digital camera and then stopped printing their photos (this makes the printer industry rip its collective hairs out). I tried the service that's linked with flickr (Quop) and didn't really like it. The pictures are too saturated (aka, I thought they looked too red). I reverted back to snapfish, which looks better to me. This sort of sucks tho, because then I have to upload my pictures twice. Bah!

I'm also experimenting with different ways to make adding photos to my webpage less of a pain. That's gonna be a work in progress...
(I know there's a bunch of photos I've forgotten to upload here, I don't remember which they are... ^^;)
-- from esmereldes - (?)

-- from esmereldes - (?)

-- from esmereldes - (?)

3 comments:

sequentverdure said...

You can install Greasemonkey and I can send you a script which will turn the All Sizes button into a little pop up over your photo, where you can instantly grab the code to insert your photo into a blog entry. If that sounds at all useful XD

Yay, congrats about the gallery show! I think you should definitely do it! I'm not really one who can say much on these matters, but I was really impressed with this set of photos. There's fun colours and textures and they're just pretty. I don't know which would be my favourite, but I think that first one you have in your post is fun. ^_^

Also, I bet your coworkers were staring at you from out their windows X3 ^_~

Nightfall said...

I actually have greasemonkey already... Is this a script you wrote, or a script you found? Because I already have something similar to what you mention, I think, but it only works in safari for me. I usually use firefox now... But you might be talking about something else, I'm easily confuzzled by these things... ^^; Either way, thanks for the help offer!!

Thanks for the congrats and encouragement about the gallery thing too! It's nothing grand - I'd just be one person in a group for the show, but I've never done anything like that before... Art shows for 4-H, I guess, if those count... And a couple of times when I was in elementary school I was in an art show too... XD

I need to get back in touch with my friend about it soon probably tho, or maybe I'll get left out... ^^;

(my co-workers weren't staring - we don't have any windows!*)

(*ok, we have 3 or 4, but some of them are in rooms people don't really use. It's DARK in my office!! Yuck.)

sequentverdure said...

It's a script I found. Hm.. I don't use Safari. But.. well, it's a script for Firefox on Greasemonkey on Firefox.. ^^;; I know nothing about Safari.

Hey, grand or not, it's exciting and neat and you deserve congratulations ^_^ Um... the bit about elementary school is a bit LESS impressive, but you get a gold star anyway ^___~

"We don't have any windows." O.o; Someone works in a jail O_O;; tehe~