Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Day at the Oyster Festival

Since they were dressed for it, I took my new repaint yukata girls along to a summer festival in my (original) hometown. They were joined there by Arc and Avril, who also dressed for the occasion. What was the occasion? The Milford Oyster Festival!

I actually have no idea *why* we have an oyster festival, and to be honest I see little connection to oysters beyond one or two stalls that sell them to eat, but hey, it's been going on since before I was born and summer festivals are always fun!

-- from esmereldes - (?)
Arc can't wait to get a look at all the crafts and food for sale! :psuprise2:

-- from esmereldes - (?)
Moe is just happy to be near the beach - in fact, she's thinking of buying a beach house!

-- from esmereldes - (?)
"Come on! There's still so much to see!"

-- from esmereldes - (?)
Avril and Reina got tired of walking around in the hot sun, so they ended up sitting and chatting for quite a while.

-- from esmereldes - (?)
As evening falls, the girls watch the moon come up. Look how big it is!

-- from esmereldes - (?)
Ok, you're right. That's not the moon. It's part of the sign for the place where the girls stopped for dinner! :grin: (Paul's hamburgers - a local landmark of sorts!)

Bonus shot:
-- from esmereldes - (?)
Arc found a building to match her outfit!

No comments: