I was doing fairly well with the blogging for a few minutes there, so let's see if I can catch up again! (this particular entry is a little bit repetitive to what I said on flickr, but deal with it. I don't expect I have a huge readership anyway... :P)
I'm quite pleased to have been able to score these banks. (and yes, apparently banks have some how become a theme) I was eyeing these for the past several months at Urban Outfitters, but they were $10 each. I wasn't willing to pay that. I checked their bargain area on a whim yesterday and found them for $2 each! Hooray! They also have them in yellow and pastel purple. I was tempted to buy all 5 colors, but I don't have room for all that stuff. Even 3 is ridiculous, but they're so cute!
I was esp. interested in these because the pink one matched my ridiculous pink owl figurine:
I used to collect miniature ceramic animals as a kid. Whenever I went anywhere - for a school trip or whatever - I'd buy an animal or two. They still sell them, but I'm not sure if they were more trendy when I was younger or what. (I haven't been to any zoos or nature centers or school tripish place gift shops lately) I think my mom got me into buying them, she'd get me some sometimes too. I really loved them! I think I've always liked miniature things (I like to claim this is because I am near-sighted. I gotta get close to everything anyway, so somehow hunching over tiny things makes sense... XD). The dolls are totally new tho, I always preferred animals as a kid.
The pink owl was like the ugly duckling of my collection tho. Unfortunately I cannot remember where it came from, if it was a gift from a relative, or something I got for free, or if I actually bought it. I think probably I didn't buy it, because I remember not liking it much. It's plastic, whereas all my "good" animals were ceramic, and it's so odd looking. But I wanted my collection to be as big as possible, so I hung onto it. Now it's probably one of my favorite ones! It's so weird, how can I not love it? I wish I knew something about where it came from, I'd love to know something about it!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Owl Banks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment