Sorry for the lack of posts there for a bit! Flickr was annoying me with the whole video thing. I don't know if it is actually coincidental or not (seems unlikely) but since they added video, it has been much slower for me to load, and the little widget I used to grab the code for posting on the web wasn't working. So I didn't feel like dealing with it until it straightened itself out. I'm still getting slightly slow loading, but at least the widget works again. So, in honor of that, I'm going to post these photos I've been meaning to post for a while. The flickr problems were only one thing holding me back here. The other thing is that I went a little photo-crazy, and it seemed like a bit of a project to post so I was procrastinating on it a bit.
I was pretty excited to get my Shana. Her crazy red-hair is just awesome! It's a little translucent and a little sparkley. No mix-and-match possibilities, but who cares? It's too cool to worry about stuff like that! My only regret is in not having black-haired Shana too. So far she's been too expensive for me to make the leap into buying. I was hoping someone would be selling her at Anime Boston - good for impulse-buying, if not for best price - but no dice there.
I'm not really a big fan of Shana the anime, etc. I didn't even know it existed until the Pinky was announced! I decided to try watching the anime as a result of the Pinky. I'm almost finished with the first season, I guess. I'm not blown away by it. The mix of creepy and school romance is not quite working for me. It's not that I oppose mixing genres - in fact, I generally like it! - but if you are going to shift tone frequently, it needs to be done well, and I'm not sure I think Shana succeeds. It felt, almost, to me anyway, like they were going to go in one direction, and then changed their mind completely. I like the "cute" part better than the "creepy" part too, I am sorry to admit. So I think it's getting better as it goes on, but I still am left a bit flat by it. Still, Shana is kind of a cute character.
Shana the Pinky came in a really cute box! I guess I think that because, like I said, the anime art is cute... -- from esmereldes - (?)
I couldn't resist buying a pencil board from the series at Anime Boston too, esp. when I saw it selling for $3.75 at one place and $10 at another! Pinky Shana seems a bit bewildered by the giant portrait of her... :P -- from esmereldes - (?)
I ended up with so many photos of Shana from this shoot largely because I was fooling around with trying to focus more on her sword than on her. I don't know if I came up with any really stellar results, but I hope you might enjoy some of the experimenting! -- from esmereldes - (?)
-- from esmereldes - (?)
-- from esmereldes - (?)
-- from esmereldes - (?)
I also had to try a couple of ultra closeups on her cute grumpy face! -- from esmereldes - (?)
-- from esmereldes - (?)
Monday, April 14, 2008
Flame-Hair, Burning-Eye Shana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment