Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hello Kitty at Michael's

Ok, it's back to "Kitty shopping" again, at least briefly! I still do have more photos to post, but let's start with an easy set. On friday night, my friend and I were poking around in Michael's (as part of my ongoing, unfruitful quest to buy a frame) and my friend discovered some Hello Kitty stuff in this dollar aisle sort of section. (I know, I know, what happened that my Kitty Radar did not spot this immediately? What can I say, I was distracted by my frame shopping... ^^;) I'm not sure how much of the country has Michael's stores (they are a chain of Art & Craft supply stores), but if you don't have Michael's around, maybe some other craft store is selling these too. Kitty is popping up *everywhere* lately, I feel like! Michael's has had some Sanrio stuff before, but nothing too regular. All of the stuff had the "Kitty 35/Kittylab" (I don't know if this has an official name, but it's the Kitty with the raincloud image - it reminds me of Kittylab, but probably has nothing to do with it!) type packaging, so whatever company licensed this line, they are sure making the most of it!

The stuff at Michael's fell into two design themes: Hippie/Peace Kitty and "Old Skool" sort of Kitty. (In other words: stuff that reminds me of Kitty designs from when I was a kid) ;P


The two items at the ends are pads with magnets on the back, so you can stick them on your fridge (for instance!) and write shopping lists. The two in the middle are your usual mini spiral notebooks. I bought the mini notebooks but not the shopping list pads. I have to share my fridge, not sure it would be well received to put a Kitty shopping list up... ^^;


These are sparkly tattoo stickers. I bought both, even tho somehow the fact I will never use them seems even worse when they are tattoos then it does when they are stickers... >.<


Letter sets. I guess these turned out to be $3 each, instead of $1. So I'm glad I decided to limit myself to just buying one of the designs. I liked the 'old skool' one a little better, so that's the one I picked.


This was a really cute idea, I thought. It's one of those puzzle-type erasers that are all the rage right now, but instead of just random pieces fitted together, this is like a Kitty paper doll. Even tho it was adorable, I didn't end up buying it...


I did buy this, which is why it's a much nicer photo! XD These are pencil topper stampers. Seems like a combo that doesn't really need to exist, but who minds that? Stampers are fun!

No comments: