The past couple of years Target has been good to me in terms of supplying cute Hello Kitty stuff for back to school. The biggest problem was that in waiting it out for it to go on sale, I missed some good things! So this year is no exception in terms of Target stocking Hello Kitty Back-to-School goods, but I find I am not that excited about any of it. With the exception of 50th Anniversary goods, that's how I've been feeling about Sanrio stuff all summer. I have yet to figure out if this is because things actually are not quite so cute this year, or if it's just that I have so much stuff now I'm getting pickier. I'll post my photos tho and you can decide for yourself whether this year competes with previous years!
As I said, Target is definitely not failing to give Kitty her due this year, regardless on my own level of excitement. The first thing I noticed walking in was this big display in the girls' department...
The clothes were very cute, but I think much too small for an adult... (sometimes the XL sizes are pretty big, but I didn't see anything particularly large in this instance)
That middle section was mostly belts, rather than jewelry, so I didn't take a picture. I'm hoping I might find some jewelry at a different story later tho.
Moving on to the actual back to school supplies section, we see that this year's theme for Kitty is sort of a 70s "peace" thing.
(These are those stretchy book covers. Back in my day - you know, when we walked uphill in the snow both ways - we just made our book covers out of paper bags and decorated them with stickers. I am not really a fan of the stretchy book covers)
The glue stick is pretty amusing!
This peace and love theme is actually very similar to the stuff they had at the dollar aisle of Michael's earlier in the summer.
I bought some stickers from this line back then, so maybe my lack of enthusiasm about the stuff at Target is just a feeling of having seen it before...
Some years have had other cute (non-Kitty) things as well, but most of the non-Kitty stuff I've seen this year has been Toy Story stuff. Which is not so bad, I do love certain things about Toy Story - like the aliens!
There was also a "generic vampire" design, that I found pretty hysterical. I'll have to post up some pictures of that later.
By contrast, I actually thought the school supply designs at Toys R Us were *far* more adorable. They didn't have as many options, but what they did have was cute.
I think the detective theme is totally adorable and original!
Even the back is cute!
Oh, and although it is not detective-themed, Kitty also got in with the puzzle eraser craze:
I went home with a folder and two packages of mini notebooks - so I could use them AND keep them pristine like the crazy collector that I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment