Thursday, May 05, 2011

Raffle for Japan!

Effiethedal is at it again! After concluding her first highly successful raffle, which raised $2,665, effiethedal is starting a second raffle. This one's going to work a little differently than the first, but the important thing to know is that it is starting NOW. In fact, I am a little late with my posting, so it has started ALREADY. So don't waste another moment, you only have until Tuesday! Scamper over to her page to find out all the details and get yourself entered!

What's that? You don't scamper? Ok, fine. So the deal is that you will 'purchase' a raffle ticket by making a $10 donation to the Japanese Red Cross. The Red Cross will send you an email with your donation receipt. Please forward your donation receipt email to 'effie' at effiedal@yahoo.com. Then she'll add your name to the raffle list. And then that's it, you are entered!

Prize #1 was donated by BlytheChic and is a Bow Wow Trad Mint Blythe, two dresses, plus other Blythe items. Wow!

Prize #2 was donated by yours truly and details will follow in a moment!

Prize #3 was donated by JoeyKBlythe. It's a Odeco/Nikki/Usagi/Lati outfit including dress and headband. Super adorable!

Prize #4 was donated by effiethedal herself and its a mini-Wardrobe for your dolly! (You can choose either lati, pullip, dal, blythe or odeco). It consists of three dresses, one pair of pants, one shirt, and one pair of effiedalshop pajamas. Plus a few surprises!!!

Pictures of the other prizes can be found on effiethedal's page (did I mention the scampering? ;P), but here's the prize I'm donating:

Benefit for Japan Prize!

It's a Hello Kitty prize pack! (it's me, what else would you expect? XD) All included items are new and unused and from my personal collection. The re-ment is open, but its still in its plastic - no missing pieces!

You will get:
1 totebag
1 Urban Outfitters vinyl Hello Kitty figure
2 boxes of Hello Kitty re-ment
1 pair of earrings
1 notepad with magnet on back
1 tissue pack
2 keychains
1 mirror
1 mini plushie
1 notepad
1 small sticker
1 package of stickers
1 set of glitter pens
1 mini stationary set
1 reusable lunch bag
1 cold pack to keep your lunch cold

Before I go on to show you pictures of individual prizes, I just want to say I hope you will consider making a donation if you can. Despite the slightly silly tone of my post, it's not all about the fabulous prizes, it's about the chance to help people who need help.

The totebag included in this prize was sold at Sanrio stores to raise money for Japan. For each $10 totebag sold, Sanrio and Loungefly (the company that makes super-cute sanrio and other kawaii design totebags, wallets, keychains and more) donated $6.50 to the American Red Cross relief efforts in Japan. I bought one special for the raffle because I know not everyone can get to the sanrio stores and I don't think it was sold on the web...

The re-ment sets are a secret to preserve that blind box experience! ;P (But if you squint really close at the first photo you can see what they are, just in case you can't stand suspense... XD) I have the full series myself, and it's 100% cute and well made. (I found some boxes at the sale section of Urban Outfitters and couldn't resist picking up extras. And this seemed like something to use them for!)

The stationary set is what you see here:

IMG_5908

It includes 2 pencils, a ruler, an eraser, and a little clip.

Here's a closeup of the design on the glitter pens:

IMG_5911

cute, no?

Here's the tissue pack:

IMG_5912

I bought it at a little Korean stationary store/video rental place up the street from me. They don't have a lot of Hello Kitty, but they do have tissue packs.

IMG_5913

The plushie is a great size for dolls!

IMG_5914

Little mirror - gotta love the cupcake design, right?

It matches with the stickers...

IMG_5916

I love these stickers. They're originally from Target. :)

The keychain was also from Target

IMG_5915

it was sold in the dollar aisle, but it's one of my more favorite dollar aisle designs.

I also love the design of the little notepad (and that it has a little gem on it!)

IMG_5917

It came from AC Moore, back in the good old days when they still sold Hello Kitty stuff.

IMG_5919

I was calling this a keychain, but it says it's a "backpack clip". I am not sure what the difference is, but I suspect this is meant to just be decorative...

IMG_5537

This is the notepad with the magnet on the back. Perfect for hanging on the fridge so you can write grocery lists!

My favorite item, however, is the datebook. I kind of want to keep it for myself, but it's a datebook for this year and I am already using a datebook. I'm hoping if I give it away maybe it will go to someone who still needs one!

It was given away free at the sanrio stores, and I would be using it myself if I hadn't 'lost' it in my room until recently. It's super-cute and features all the different designs sanrio uses during the year. These are some of my favorites:

IMG_5463

IMG_5489

IMG_5488

It's also got these cute stickers you can use for your scheduling.

IMG_5462

You'll notice for all these pictures I'm holding it very carefully so as not to crease the spine, because I hate that! ;)

IMG_5498

At the back are pages to write down your friends' addresses:

IMG_5506

That's all the individual photos I've got even if it's not quite all the items in the raffle. I hope you'll consider entering!

No comments: