All the Christmas food is so tempting! I could've bought sooooo much more... But this is not a food blog, it's a toy blog. So let's get to the point here - those little Hello Kitty packages at the bottom of the picture. These are new 'trading cards' that go with a game. The game is pretty simple and doesn't sound like it would be any fun for an adult, but the cards are so cute! I miss buying anime cards, so this is kinda nice. Plus at $3 a pack, it's a pretty cheap Hello Kitty fix. AND you get a little figure in each pack!
There's 8 possible figures available, you can see them all on the package insert:
I was trying to guess which one I might get by feel, because the figure is just stuck in the foil, it's not impossible to guess. But I kept feeling a circle on all of them, and I was thinking they were somehow ALL the one with the hat! So I picked the one with the least obvious circle. It turns out that the circle was *not* the hat, most likely - it was the *stand*! Ohhh.... Anyway, it all worked out because I got England and I like that one.
As you can see from the first photo, my foil card was also from England. But it doesn't seem like the foil card and the figure are tied together always, as that didn't happen in my second set.
It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but the foil card in that set is for Kenya.
The figure is from... Ireland? I guess?
To me, this one is sort of a 'blank' - I feel like she is just a 'regular' Kitty instead of one in a regional costume, but maybe the four-leaf clover means Ireland? Oh well, it's cute, so I don't care that much either way! XD
The back of the cards have stickers and trivia questions about the country on the front:
(these are the cards from the first set)
You also get a Hello Kitty 'passport'
(these are the cards from the second set)
and some sort of cardboard 'pog' type things. So to play the game, you flip the carboard coins which gives you a turn or whatever (I only skimmed the instructions) and you try to collect the stickers onto your 'passport' by answering the trivia questions. Cute, but definitely not my idea of fun. ;P
The insert also shows you the 'deluxe set' which comes with a card case and a pocketbook type thing.
I can live without the purse, but I am coveting that little notebook! Mini anything is a must have! XD
The figures, btw, are *really* tiny! They are small enough to be Pinky toys!
No comments:
Post a Comment