Most (or all, I think) of these photos come from Toys R Us. I am a little disappointed I did not get over there ON 'Black Friday', but I spent too much time and money elsewhere. So most of these photos were right before that, when the stores were probably stocking up for sales.
One thing I noted was these new (?) Bratz. They may not actually be new, but I hadn't seen them before.
I liked their hair. It may be hard to see in my photos - thru a box and in a store is not optimal for good closeups - but they have rather nifty streaky hair.
Bratz brunette
Bratz blonde
Bratz black
I also noticed that Justin Bieber or whatever his name has joined Taylor Swift in having fashion dolls with his name on them.
His fashion sense seems disappointingly bland tho...
Now I don't really have a strong opinion on this kid either way, but I have to admit, I got a bit annoyed when I saw this:
Ok, no. Just no. Stay away from 'Say Anything' junior!
Sigh.
Back to Ms. Barbie, there's some new Rocawear that I spotted:
Not the best picture, but I really like this girl. The pink underneath shirt doesn't look so fabulous, but the skirt and the fuzzy pink jacket are really fun! I actually rather like the doll herself too.
I think there were four designs again. I wanted a picture of the back of the box because that showed them all, but I was in NY and running out of memory card space (and energy) at that point. You can sort of get an overview just looking on Amazon tho. Are there two skin colors for some of the dolls? That's how it looks on Amazon, but I don't think I have seen both in stores...?
The big Toys R Us in Times Square always has some of the expensive collectors' Barbies on display, tho there weren't that many this time. I don't know if there's not much new in that department, or if its just that TRU hasn't stocked up, but here's the couple I felt like I hadn't seen before in person:
Barbie Stunning in the Spotlight
Palm Beach Barbie
I'm fairly 'meh' about both, tho the crazy outfit on Palm Beach is pretty great!
I'm not clear on whether they actually keep releasing these 'Swappin' Styles Fashionista' Barbies one and two at a time, or if it's just that they released them all at once but they go out of stock so fast I've not yet managed to see the whole lineup in stores (I suspect the latter), but this one seemed new to me:
And that's it for dolls in this post. The second half will be Sanrio!
TRU had a second set of 50th Anniversary mini plushies. I guess this is the 'expansion kit' for the first version!
Although, of course, that first version is just the characters, whereas this version is Kitty dressed as the other characters. So in that way, it's something else altogether, and maybe is more like the mini version of the latest round of the individually sold small plushies. You may remember those from my last 'shopping roundup' post. I thought I had gotten a photo of all the new ones, but I was confused about which ones came out when. I was corrected by a helpful commenter, and found the one I was *actually* missing a photo of in NY.
So, here's Hangyodon:
I don't think this character was ever very popular in the US? I don't feel very familiar with him, at any rate (is it really wrong to say he sorta reminds me of the 3-eyed fish from the Simpsons?). It's strange, because he was the *only* plushie from this series at the NY TRU - and the only one I can never find at Target. I can see him being a 'leftover' at TRU if they sold all the others they originally had in stock, but I wonder if Target managed to just never order any? You would think that the manufacturer would sell them only as a set, but then again, if you are Target, I suspect you have a lot of negotiating room to make demands about breaking apart sets. If he's hard to find, maybe I should've bought him for resale, but I'm lazy and more prone to hoarding then reselling for fun and profit. ^^;
I also saw this 50th Anniversary bag...
...it's really similar to the one I saw at Target, so similar I thought it might be the same, but on comparison, nope! In addition to the zipper and the design, I think the material was also different. The target one was more of a simple satiny cloth tote, while the TRU one was made of something heavier and seemed to be trying harder to be a 'real' bag.
Other 50th Anniversary merch included this great big eraser set:
I can't seem to get too interested in erasers, but if you do like erasers, this is pretty darn awesome.
Randomly, there was also this new (?) suitcase. Too small for an adult, but perfect for a kid!
I also spied these Hello Kitty games at Borders. I am not much of a game player, but if I were, I would totally want the Monopoly game!
Lastly, I just saw this Domo for the very first time last week - but I think he was meant for Halloween!!
In case you can't tell, he's supposed to be a werewolf. *tsk tsk* Domo-kun!! What have you been up to that you have arrived so late?! ;P
Also while doing my Thanksgiving shopping, I spotted this cardboard dollhouse in the JoAnn Fabric flyer and had to go take a look at it in person.
I think it might work for smaller dolls, and it's probably pretty sturdy - but it's not like it would take up less space than a regular dollhouse, and I don't think it folds back up or anything... (which would make it *really* useful for me!) I think if I had the space I'd still rather have a 'nice' dollhouse, but if you were looking for something low-cost you could customize, this might be pretty cool. It was on sale for 30% off, but I don't know what good that does when you can almost always get 40% off coupons in their flyers. So if you are interested, clip that coupon and hope your store carries it!
And then, finally, some links to articles. I am somewhat surprised to have been reading that the lalaloopsy dolls (formerly Bitty Buttons) are some of the 'hot toys' of the season. That explains why I can't find any of them now!! Apparently the blue-haired girl is the most popular and is almost impossible to find. She's the one I liked best too, so I was amused to discover this! Maybe I'll be able to find her after Christmas then. (I don't mind waiting, I wouldn't want to get one and have some little girl not!!)
And just as a btw random story - I guess Video Barbie has been declared a threat by some. Not that this isn't something to take seriously, but I gotta say, this seems a bit silly...
1 comment:
"I can't seem to get too interested in erasers, but if you do like erasers, this is pretty darn awesome."
And that line is pretty darn funny!
Post a Comment