Sunday, January 09, 2011

More January Restock

Ok, I'm gonna try to keep this post a little shorter in the word department, because it's pretty long in the picture department. Not to mention which, I think a lot of this stuff has already made its way onto flickr, so it is not quite as 'newsworthy'. (I'm sorry, btw, that some of the photos are even sadder quality than usual for my store photos, but if you check around flickr, I'm sure you can find better pictures if you see something interesting here that you haven't seen before!)

So, let's start with the Liv dolls. I was happy to see that there are new Liv outfits. They're always nice, or at least interesting, even tho I find them a bit pricey...

Most exciting is that for what I think is the first time there's a boy outfit! I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually, but I didn't yet because I've been a little too much the happy shopper this month. I'll 'save' it for a bit later when I haven't got so many new things to play with... XD

IMG_4545

It's pretty bland, but at least it is not pink and it is not some sort of surfer outfit, so that's better than Ken! I don't know how the fit will be for Taeyang tho, I guess that is something to find out. Has anyone tried yet? The other outfit, I think is like a PJ outfit for sleepovers? I'm not quite sure I understand it.

IMG_4546
Purple dress is cute but nothing I need probably. The other outfit is strange, but kind of cool. Are those riding breeches tho?

The best outfit, however, is the raincoat!
IMG_4547

I have a My Scene raincoat and I really like it. Unfortunately, it is also pink, so even tho in this instance I don't mind pink, I still wish the Liv one were a different color for more variety. Still, that goes on the list of things to buy in the future too... The other outfit is just strange. I guess it is for sailing? Maybe that's what they wear at the yacht club. I dunno - I live near the ocean, but I don't spend much time around boats... (I get seasick! ^^;)

Speaking of the ocean, however, Liv and Moxie have both apparently decided to join in with the retail trend of pretending that now that Christmas is over Summer must be here. Never understood this, it's January and it is so cold here in New England that I can't even *think* about bathing suits without shivering, but whatever.

IMG_4561
So here we actually see a Liv boy. (Not so) live and in the (plastic) flesh. Is it just me, or does his head somehow seem more in proportion to his body than the girls' heads do? Anyway, the swim suits on all of them are actually pretty cute, but in addition to being too early to think about swimsuits, I always feel like when you buy them you aren't getting as much for your money! Well, maybe they'll go on sale.

IMG_4590
Here's the other two swimsuit dolls I saw.

Moxie, for some reason, is wearing boots to the beach. I really can't figure this out.
IMG_4564

IMG_4593

Ok, ok. Clearly you are getting two outfits, and the boots go with the casual summer look while the flippers go with the swimsuit. (I still don't quite get the ugg boots in summer thing tho. Seems hot.) I think they look too 'young' to be interesting - those swimsuits seem a little too kid-like even for the age that Moxie dolls look like they are supposed to be. (I can't see anyone older than a toddler wearing them!) The casual looks are cute, but even if I don't understand boots in the summer the fact that the Moxie boots are designed for interchangeable feet and not wearable by other dolls just makes the Moxie stuff way less interesting than the Liv stuff.

Still, I really wish I'd bought the winter sets. I'm really kicking myself for not buying Kellan. She's the only one that never went on clearance and now she's getting pricey! Does anyone have one they want to trade to me? *puppy eyes*

Going back to Liv, here's the other new Liv stuff I spotted - the Alice in Wonderland dolls!

I was quite excited about these when I first heard about them. Seen in person I was not immediately compelled to fork over my cash for one, but I still think they are pretty nice.

IMG_4562
Alice and the Red Queen

IMG_4563
The White Queen and White Rabbit

As outfits, I probably only like the Alice outfit. As dolls, I think the Red Queen is really cool. I love that they all have streaks in their hair too. Dunno if I will buy any, but I like them.

Additionally, I popped into Kmart since I was in the area and thought they might have something good on clearance (no) or something new and different (not really. Kmart is more the Land That Time Forgot. They still have the Liv outfit multipacks on sale there, and those are so old I had actually just about forgotten those existed! Sort of made me sad - those were the days. Back when you could get better value... And we all had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get our Liv outfits...)

But anyway, the one thing I hadn't seen before was these bigger accessory packs.
0109111325-00
(there was also a skateboarding one). But I have no idea if these are new, or just old ones that I had missed Back in the Day or just plain forgotten...
0109111325-00

Oh, going back to Target photos, just sort of thrown in randomly, there weren't many Moxies outside of the beach Moxies, so here's practically the only one I saw:

IMG_4592

I don't really know or remember if she is new?

Also randomly, here is the only new Monster High stuff I've seen (although I know others have spotted the Gloom Beach dolls. Here tho it is like wolves attack the display and only leave the Cleo and whatshisname boy duo, because that's all there ever is, and sometimes a random single of something else indicating that there *was* a restock, but it's all gone now...)

IMG_4594
Not sure what they are, I guess they light up tho.

I actually ran across a press release at work the other day (I don't work with toys, so it really was something I ran across by accident) that indicates we can look forward to more Monster High electronics...

The products, being developed under a license agreement between Sakar and Mattel, will range from gaming, computer and cell phone accessories to a karaoke machine.

For girls' rooms, Sakar will offer Monster High-branded merchandise such as a light-up message board, room doorbell answering machine, room phone and mini-fridge. In the personal electronics arena, products will include text messengers, wireless intercom sets, earbuds, MP4 and CD players, walkie talkies, digital cameras and digital video recorders. Also on tap are headphones, speakers, flashlights, mousepads, laptop sleeves, Apple iPhone cases, gaming kits and more. All SKUs will incorporate the franchise's pink and black graphic motif and skullette logo.


To me, this is a big yawn - just make more clothes! - but it might appeal to someone out there and I figured I'd throw the info out to whoever might want to know...

Other 'strays' that I spotted included this Bratz doll with glow-in-the-dark hair...
IMG_4591
I am not sure if she is new, but GiD is always worth noticing!

Also in the process of visiting the other two area targets this weekend to check for clearance items (which, btw, are totally lacking this year. Grumble) I ran across some additional Barbie items. I think some or all of these are Target exclusives?

Barbie takes her turn at the beach (although really I think the beach is a year round thing for her)...
IMG_4598

...randomly gets a really ugly poodle (poodles are the dog equivalent of macarons for trendiness lately. I guess being french is in this year/last year)
IMG_4599

...and wears a blue dress. (I dunno what the theme here is, but they have this doll in both skintones)
IMG_4596

Also, have I made fun of mentioned 'Ultimate Boyfriend' Ken yet?

IMG_4595
I'd actually really like to see one of these out of the box, just to see what they do. The shirt is kind of amusing as well...

I also spotted this teacher Barbie. I somehow feel like she and Ultimate Boyfriend Ken need to be a couple. There seems to be a lot of joke value there somehow...

IMG_4597

I can't remember the last time I saw Barbie wear glasses (I'm sure it hasn't been as rare as I think it is, but it feels rare), and I kind of like the look. But then at the same time I find myself also being irritated by the teacher = school = nerd = glasses stereotype. Yes glasses and nerds have come a long way, baby but it's still sort of annoying that it's teacher barbie and not some other barbie in the glasses.

And on a whole different note, um... glitter!

IMG_4600

As I mentioned, there's practically nothing in the clearance aisle of any interest. I did spy some furniture set multipacks, tho given that this year's furniture wasn't appealing, the big multipacks are not very interesting either.

I also saw this cruise ship on clearance, tho I never saw it on sale normally. I wonder if sometimes these are web exclusives that get returned and end up in the stores? Or maybe I just missed it. Or forgot it - I seriously don't know that I remember everything I see, even when I take photos of it!

0109111357-00
I like the aquarium bar. But everything else I don't need!

That's all I got for fashion dolls. I meant to also throw in Bitty Buttons/Lalaloopsy stuff and My Little Pony, but I'll save those for the next post.

No comments: