So, some of these are Christmas items and I'm way behind the curve on posting them. If you go to the store, you'll need some serious luck now to find these things - on the other hand, if you do find them, they will definitely be on sale!
In this picture, you can see a lot of the Christmas items (since they nicely grouped them all together!)
When I took the photos I was particularly fond of these butterflies. However, by the time everything went on sale I couldn't remember what it was that I'd liked so much so I was trying to find the picture. I guess it's just as well I didn't buy them when I first saw them, because I have to admit I've lost interest in them!
I always like the mini trees - they are great for dolls! I already have one from a previous year, tho the colors are more normal. I liked the crazy colors they had this year!
In fact, if I had the space to put up a full-sized tree I almost certainly would've felt compelled to buy this awesome pink tree!
I did definitely "need" the sparkly deer tho!
I bought one each of the pink and blue fawns, but I skipped the big guys with the antlers. I just didn't think they were as cute.
Some, thought not all, of the stores I went to had a bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas items. It always amazes me that there's still so much merchandise from this movie sold every year - the movie is getting pretty old at this point, and yet every year there seems to be new stuff!
Borders also stocked up on a bunch of Skelanimals stuff (Skelanimals really are everywhere lately!). I think this was for Christmas, but it's not on sale and it seemed like they still had it in stock, so it might be that they are planning to keep it around for their "teen" section (they have lots of tokidoki and domo-kun stuff there already, in addition to some random anime items and suchlike)
I didn't get a photo of the blind boxes, the vinyl-type figures you see here are bigger (and more expensive of course). I didn't think the blind box ones were that nice - one was open and they looked pretty tiny. Still, if you are a skelanimals fan, this is a bonanza!
I have to admit, I was fond of some of the t-shirts. But I don't really need any more t-shirts at the moment, so I'm staying away!
Finally, moving on to things that are not Christmas or toy-related, here's some general Paperchase cuteness!
(Sorry, these first couple are posted to flickr and you can't click on them to make them bigger - I mosaiced a few things on flickr)
This is not quite to my taste, but I thought someone might be interested - it's a series of nested plastic containers. I have something similar already, but with cute fruits! XD
I was a little bit tempted by this owl totebag, since I love owls, but in the end I think it is just too plain.
This bag, on the other hand, is seriously adorable. (So I'm uploading it directly here, so click away to make bigger.) I kind of really want it, but at the same time, I really really don't need another bag.
(This last bunch is all posted to flickr, but they aren't private, so you should be able to click thru for larger pictures)
For winter, Borders was carrying a couple of Paperchase lines (themes? Whatever we want to call them!) that were really cute. The first is this "cute foods" one. I think they've had similar stuff before (just with desserts?) but it's all adorable!
Then there are the "winter owls". They had an owl theme before that was beyond adorable, but in greys and lighter turquoise. This one is in darker colors - pinks and blacks. I don't think the owls are quite as cute, but the colors are better for winter.
I didn't buy anything from the cute foods theme, but I did buy a pocketbook from the owls theme. It's cute, tho I think at the end of the day I don't like the shape as well as some of my other bags - even tho it seems big, it just doesn't seem to hold as much stuff...
Borders also has a surprisingly good selection of Japanese snacks. Not every store has every item, but it's interesting to see it there.
I've always meant to try these - but I still haven't!
That's it, finally! I gotta quit taking so many photos, this is time-consuming! >.<
No comments:
Post a Comment