Saturday, January 30, 2010

Milford Sanrio Store

Well, here I am in Milford again, so it was off to another trip to the Sanrio store. Once again I am considering driving over to the Trumbull one, which I secretly like better, but they have mostly the same stuff and it's a further drive and I don't have a lot of time. Sigh...

But nevermind that, let's take a look at some merchandise! XD


I saw three new lines of merchandise while I was there. The first was this red music theme one. It's very adorable, Hello Kitty is either playing the piano or the violin on most of the items. Sadly there were no stickers or mini notebooks for this theme. There were some cute piano-shaped pencil sharpeners that I liked, but I did not buy one because they seemed too small to work with any of my toys or dolls. I may get one if I go back again today though, because they are cheap and cute - my downfall!


The other new theme was kind of a "Spring" sort of theme, with strawberries. It's cute and I bought a sticker sheet and a mini spiral notebook, but it wasn't all that exciting to me. I guess it wasn't enough different from previous themes.


This was going to be a picture of the Kuromi stuff, even though it's not new, because they moved it closer to the window. Unfortunately, for the first time in ages, I got yelled at!!! Well, ok, yelled at is too strong really. Some security guard who looked to be about 12 years old (sorry kid) came up and asked me what I was doing. Now, I have a really big camera, so I was tempted to be like "what does it look like I'm doing?"... but I'm not really that much of a jerk. XD So I said "Taking some pictures because my friend really likes Hello Kitty". So yes, you, semi-anonymous blog readers and flickr contacts - you are my friend that really likes Hello Kitty. ;) Anyway, he said it was against mall policy to take pictures of "stores or structures". I take it this is more out of concern for security than industrial espionage, or else they are just told to phrase it that way. I still think industrial espionage is a more realistic threat, because if I don't see how taking pictures achieves anything security-threat-wise outside of a James Bond or Oceans 11 movie, but whatever. I also did not point out that this policy is not posted anywhere, I just said "OK" and put the camera away. I don't find it worthwhile to be confrontational when I'm asked to stop taking pictures, because a. I'm not a confrontational person b. I am afraid if we get into a dispute they'll try to take my camera away! and c. I do have some respect for the rules even though I don't agree with them. Some respect. I'd have more if I thought the rules made more sense. I guess if I decide to take photos again, I'll have to be more stealthy. May mean a camera phone shot. Hopefully I'm not blacklisted or something! XD


At any rate, the last new theme is the "geisha" one. That one I remember seeing on the Sanrio website, plus it was inside the store and not in the window, so not many pictures. I was stealthy enough to snap this one inside the store because it was a cute giftset. $30 for the package. This is pretty good considering that the plushie alone is $15. So I imagine you are getting some kind of discount for buying it as a package, but I didn't price everything out to find out how much. Probably just a couple of dollars is my bet tho. Still, if you love this theme, it's a good deal!

There were also some really cute bags with sort of a scrollwork more abstract patterned design on them. I really liked them. They are cream colored canvas (heavy cotton material) with leather accents. I considered buying the little backpack for $30, but I guess I won't. I need to quit spending money.

I did buy a couple of things tho, and I think I will go back for a geisha plushie. I don't need any more plushies (I *really* don't!) but that one is a bit unusual and she'd look so cute with my plushie holding the matrohyshka doll...

Here's what I bought:
Sanrio Store Purchases
Clockwise from the top left: a sticker sheet, a mini notebook (I try to buy one of each new sticker sheet and spiral mini notebook I see, since they are really cheap anyway), a keychain, and a "friendship journal". I am not sure what that is, but it's a notebook with stickers and photo pages. In the center is a stamper. The little heart on top is a clip, and the heart picture is lenticular, so it flips between the mouse and Hello Kitty playing the violin. The stamp part is of Kitty playing the violin, so I had to have it! (I don't know how to play the violin myself, but I love it.) I also got a trinket, it's of one of the Sugarbunnies, I think it is stickers? I almost lost it, I realized it fell off the bag when I got to my car. Luckily (and amazingly) I was able to run back in and find it on the floor of Borders! It's not in the photo tho because I managed to leave it in the car after all that and I was too lazy to go back outside. ^^; I'll post a photo later!

1 comment:

Suedehead said...

Argh! sorry you got caught by the kid security guard XD
Thank you for these pics, though, I do feel like I should be referred to as your friend who likes Hello Kitty! :D You take the pics that make me go "mooom!" and get some of these cute items..
So in a way, Sanrio owes you :)
I am now thinking about the piano sharpener...