This first one, I technically saw in CT first, but it was at the other store too... XD
It's a Mr Potato Head set for your pumpkin!! I think carving a pumpkin is more fun, but I still think this is a pretty interesting idea...
I also have been seeing this collection of piggies since the Halloween stuff came out, but I didn't get a picture until now. They seem to bring out new piggy bank designs every time they change their merchandise around. I like collectible things, so it makes me want to buy them... ^^; I'll resist tho. A collection of blind box vinyl figures doesnt take up much space. A collection of piggy banks would be quite massive! I do like the Halloween designs tho...
This next photo is from Wal-mart:
Those of you who find clearance toys and great stuff at your walmart clearly have access to better stores than I do. I am never impressed with what I find there! I honestly do better at K-mart, and I don't like K-mart. >.< I didn't find any clearance toys and the Halloween stuff was kinda blah. But it is impressive to see so many buckets! I liked how colorful they looked.
Moving back over to Tarket, I noticed this wreath:
It borders on being more Hallo-Christmas, which I'm sort of not in favor of, but I do like this wreath. Too bad my front door is not really suitable for wreaths...
They also had the usual collection of welcome mats and pumpkin and ghost pillows in the housewares section, but this one pillow amused me:
The subtle black-on-black design is perfect for if you want to decorate for Halloween but don't want to be tacky about it. XD
I also have to post some of the more amusing costumes. The dog costumes are always good for a laugh. They probably had these last year, but even if I took pictures before, I don't mind posting them again!
Dog submarine! XD
Look! Your dog can be a hot dog! But don't you think that might give him a bit of a complex?
Back to the people:
This inflatable rasta hat totally cracked me up! They had a bunch of other inflatable hats too (pirate, etc), but the rasta one was the one that made me laugh most!
This Dorothy costume is cute. The entire dress is sparkly, just in case you thought having only the ruby slippers sparkle was not enough for you... XD
I was also amused by this big bird costume. First a big bird costume at all is pretty funny, but since it's a rule that all adult female costumes should be sexy, I admire their efforts to make it a bit sexy without making you want to go "Ewww! Gross!" >.>
I don't usually dress up, but this year they have a little red riding hood costume!!
Since my first pullip was a little red riding hood, I seem to have started a small collection of little red riding hood artwork. So this is really really tempting. I am not sure yet if I'll have any Halloween plans... should I just buy it anyway? It's not that expensive. But you know, money I spend on one ridiculous item is money I can't spend on something else... sigh
Or I could just go low key and buy myself some kitty ears:
Just like you can be a lazy cosplayer by slapping a pair of kitty ears on, I guess you can do the same thing with Halloween costumes! XD
There were a few other things over in the dollar aisle, but I didn't get any pictures of them. I did like these light up pins tho, so I bought one.
They also had keychains and a skull design. If you like skull designs, there's lots of stuff at Target for you. Myself, I am not that into it, so I didn't take any pictures.
Moving on to the really *important* things, I spotted some new Hello Kitty stuff!
Every year there's some Hello Kitty Halloween baskets. They've gotten a bit lazy the past couple of years and just reused old (or at least similar) designs tho, which isn't so exciting. I think the black Hello Kitty is reused from last year. The other orange bucket tho, I don't think I've seen that before. It was only $5 so I bought it - I like the design a lot!
Here's the interior:
Isn't it adorable? Those buckets take up space, but you can always use them for something. Last two years I used my easter Hello Kitty basket to give out candy, so at least this year I can be more seasonally Kitty appropriate while I hand out candy... XD
They also had this "pillowcase" style bag. It was also $5 so I bought it too. ^^; I really don't know what I'll do with this. I guess I might be getting carried away...
Over in the Kids' aisle, there were some new Hello Kitty shirts. As I was saying in the previous post, if you are a smallish adult, you can probably wear the XL size. (and if you are a really small adult, maybe even the L!)
I like how even the spider looks happy in Hello Kitty land...
This one was my favorite, but I wasn't that tempted - I don't look good in orange. I'm hoping for more Halloween stuff from Sanrio itself as we get closer to Halloween, but I haven't seen any word of it yet other than the plushies I spotted at the stores in CT. They only had one of each design at the Milford and Trumbull stores tho, so I'm guessing they will still be stocking up more as it gets closer to Halloween. I'll be in CT and NY at the beginning of October to go to NY AnimeFest, so I'm waiting until then to see what I can spot.
No comments:
Post a Comment